Voting opens at 7:00 am on January 7, 2019 and is open until 6:00 pm MST on January 16, 2019.
The Central Alberta Leadership in Health Awards (CALIHA) are handed out annually at the Healthy Living Expo in Red Deer, Alberta. The spirit of the awards is to recognize local businesses that are involved in providing health services, producing healthy foods and beverages, retailing products for healthy homes and lifestyles, and promoting healthy, active lifestyles in our community.
You may vote once per 24 hour period, per category. All votes are tracked by IP address and any voting issues will be adjusted accordingly.
Play fair, we are celebrating our favourite healthy businesses in Central Alberta.
Voting is open until January 16, 2019 at 6:00 pm and the awards will be given out that evening at an Invitation Only event for the Connect Hearing Central Alberta Leadership In Health Awards Nominees and Vendors of the 2019 Healthy Living Expo.
Come and celebrate the winners on January 19th at the Healthy Living Expo.
Leadership In Human Health: Recognizes businesses in Central Alberta that contribute to increasing human health through practice, innovation or service.
- Aspire Natural Medicine (19%, 505 Votes)
- Riverstone Dental (38%, 987 Votes)
- RD Nutrition (42%, 1,100 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,592
Leadership In Being A Local Healthy Hotspot: Recognizes places and locations within Central Alberta that increase or promote the culture of healthy living.
- Bower Ponds Recreation Area (57%, 672 Votes)
- Heritage Ranch (26%, 308 Votes)
- Westerner Park (17%, 203 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,183
Leadership In Healthy Kids: Recognizes businesses in Central Alberta that contribute to increasing the health of our children.
- Cool Smiles Children's Dentistry (23%, 297 Votes)
- All About Bouncing (37%, 475 Votes)
- Red Deer City Soccer Association (40%, 508 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,280
Leadership In Healthy Eating: Recognizes businesses in Central Alberta that have contributed to healthy and sustainable eating.
- Wild Brewing (28%, 288 Votes)
- Purearth Organics (43%, 445 Votes)
- Humble Hummus (29%, 298 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,031
Leadership In Healthy Living: Recognizes those that contribute to a healthier Red Deer through programs involving recycling, reusing or responsible and sustainable business models.
- Platos Closet (10%, 157 Votes)
- CCBees Natural Product's (47%, 717 Votes)
- City of Red Deer Compost Program (43%, 652 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,526
Leadership In Healthy Movement: Recognizes businesses that have contributed to a more active community through programs and active leadership.
- Trailhead Climbing and Fitness (36%, 376 Votes)
- Yoga Nation (43%, 448 Votes)
- Motion Fitness Red Deer (20%, 211 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,035
Healthy New Business Of The Year: Recognizes a new business or location that contributes to the general health and wellness of Central Albertans.
- True Movement (26%, 426 Votes)
- Stride Physiotherapy (59%, 952 Votes)
- Red Deer Orthodontics Timberlands (15%, 236 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,614
Thank you for voting and celebrating healthy businesses in Central Alberta. We look forward to meeting you at the 2019 Healthy Living Expo and Westerner Park January 19 from 10 am until 5 pm.
Sponsored by Connect Hearing
Listen. Hear. Connect.
At Connect Hearing, we believe that every sound connects us to our world.
We enable better hearing. We offer a full spectrum of hearing testing and solutions to meet our customers’ lifestyles and budgets. Our approach with our customers is warm, professional and straightforward:
- Listen to our customers to identify the communication loss.
- Hear which environments are most important to them for communication.
- Connect our customer with the best hearing aids for their individual loss.
Audiologists & Hearing Care Professionals
Connect Hearing is the largest network of registered Audiologists and professional Hearing Instrument Practitioners in Canada. Over the past 35 years, in communities across the country, we’ve helped more than 200,000 people stay connected to the sounds they enjoy most. If you, a loved one, or a friend has questions about their hearing, please contact us today for a complimentary hearing test with a Connect Hearing professional. We’re here to help.