Voting opens at 7:00 am on January 6, 2020 and is open until 5:00 pm MST on January 15, 2020.
The Central Alberta Leadership in Health Awards (CALIHA) are handed out annually at an award ceremony prior to The Healthy Living Expo so you can celebrate the winners at the annual show. The spirit of the awards is to recognize local businesses that are involved in providing health services, producing healthy foods and beverages, retailing products for healthy homes and lifestyles, and promoting healthy, active lifestyles in our community.
You may vote once per 24 hour period, per category. All votes are tracked by IP address and any voting issues will be adjusted accordingly.
Play fair, we are celebrating our favourite healthy businesses in Central Alberta.
Voting is open until January 15, 2020 at 5:00 pm and the awards will be given out during Networking Night Wednesday evening.
Leadership In Human Health: Recognizes businesses in Central Alberta that contribute to increasing human health through practice, innovation or service.
- RD Nutrition (8%, 205 Votes)
- Stride Physiotherapy (43%, 1,045 Votes)
- Move Your Mood Challenge: Alberta Health Services (49%, 1,192 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,442
Leadership In Being A Local Healthy Hotspot: Recognizes places and locations within Central Alberta that increase or promote the culture of healthy living.
- Bower Ponds Recreation Area (44%, 716 Votes)
- Collicutt Center: City of Red Deer (38%, 622 Votes)
- Heritage Ranch (18%, 293 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,631
Leadership In Healthy Kids: Recognizes businesses in Central Alberta that contribute to increasing the health of our children.
- Red Deer City Soccer Association (39%, 626 Votes)
- Treehouse Indoor Playground (10%, 166 Votes)
- Kerry Wood Nature Center (51%, 815 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,607
Leadership In Healthy Eating: Recognizes businesses in Central Alberta that have contributed to healthy and sustainable eating.
- Purearth Organics (31%, 450 Votes)
- Chopped Leaf (44%, 635 Votes)
- Hoven Farms (25%, 359 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,444
Leadership In Healthy Living: Recognizes those that contribute to a healthier Red Deer through programs involving recycling, reusing or responsible and sustainable business models.
- CCBees Natural Products: Sustainable Business Practices (50%, 711 Votes)
- Melcor Developments: Evergreen Residential Development (28%, 397 Votes)
- Scott Subaru: Passive House (23%, 325 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,433
Leadership In Healthy Movement: Recognizes businesses that have contributed to a more active community through programs and active leadership.
- Yoga Nation (43%, 1,068 Votes)
- Premier Academy (7%, 165 Votes)
- Orangetheory Fitness (50%, 1,250 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,483
Healthy New Business Of The Year: Recognizes a new business or location that contributes to the general health and wellness of Central Albertans.
- F45 (25%, 342 Votes)
- FitCache (13%, 178 Votes)
- The Dome Red Deer (62%, 852 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,372
Thank you for voting and celebrating healthy businesses in Central Alberta. We look forward to meeting you at the 2020 Healthy Living Expo and Westerner Park January 18th from 10 am until 5 pm.
Learn About Your Local Nominees
Leadership In Human Health Nominees
Leadership Being A Local Healthy Hotspot Nominees
Leadership In Healthy Kids
Leadership In Healthy Eating
Leadership In Healthy Living
Leadership In Healthy Movement
Healthy New Business Of The Year